Strange problem with outlook2010

Hardware, Software, Managed Services, Remote Support, Industry News, your tech shop setups, whatever else.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

Strange problem with outlook2010

Postby synapse » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:20 am

Hello,
from about a week i have a strange problem with outlook2010. I have a client configured to receive mail sent from another account of mine configured with gmail.com (this is the account i use with dsupport suite).
Well, gmail do its work, send all the email, i can see them if a log in my account from web but the same account configured in outlook2010 don't receive nothing from @gmail.com
If i send mail from other provider all works, just @gmail.com isn't received
There's something i can check??
Thanks
synapse

Re: Strange problem with outlook2010

Postby und3rtak3r » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:30 pm

Why? are you configuring a CLIENTS PC with one of YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNTS? They, potentially, will receive dSS reports from your other clients, and put you at risk of breaching someone's privacy. If the reason is that the business restricts you by policy/request then SET UP a CUSTOM Gmail account FOR JUST THAT CLIENT! ie: BusinessNAme.YourName@gmail.com ..

But that is not answering your Question..

Is the OL2010 throwing any errors at you? You didn't mention if OL2007 is with the same client?

From account settings, change account. What happens when you press "test account settings" ? do you receive a test mail? error?

POP3 or IMAP? is the GMAIL account configured for pop3, if pop3 is being used: only ever used pop3 from dSS? (there are normally errors.. but not always)

Truthfully? I would be looking for a typo... recheck your typing/settings across OL2010 and dSS or GMAIL...
The TechGuru4U
RTFM D7 here
RTFM D7II here
RTFM dSupportSuite Here

You may call me Glenn
und3rtak3r

Return to General Stuff