Generic Installer

Generic Installer

Postby RCTS » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:23 pm

I am running dSupportSuite Mgmt Console v1.7.15
I have a self hosted FTP - and my server connection is good. I have configured and created a Generic Installer.

I am having an issue when installing the Generic Installer - I am unable to create a client ID. I am getting the errors shown in pics. We do have a d7ii account with dcloud. I am not clear on if I am to use our FTP or the new dcloud info. Any help greatly appreciated.

dss Picture2.png
dss Picture2.png (294.79 KiB) Viewed 3051 times

dss Picture3.png
dss Picture3.png (284.01 KiB) Viewed 3051 times

dss Picture2.png
dss Picture2.png (294.79 KiB) Viewed 3051 times
Attachments
dss generic.jpg
dss generic.jpg (76.7 KiB) Viewed 3044 times
RCTS

Re: Generic Installer

Postby xide » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:35 pm

I just wrote a long reply, and just realized it looks like the way you have the installer set for the ID. Try having to set the ID so you just need to type the name in each time, that should do it. If not let me know and I will re-write the long version that had other theories/suggestions.

Also use your ftp...not dCloud
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby RCTS » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.
I am using ftp- that is part of my confusion when it says cannot connect to cloud. I have no trouble creating Customized Installers WITH a client ID and the adding the name / email after.
I am wanting a Generic installer that will prompt to create a New Client ID at install. I have added another pic showing the Tab that offers this. I am able to create it but upon install get the cannot connect to cloud/client id errors.

I have been unable to find any detailed How To, Setup or instructions for using a Generic Installer.
RCTS

Postby xide » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:57 pm

Thanks so much for that picture ...my memory can be fuzzy. I see last upload date is blank for the generic installer. But from what you're saying it sounds like everything else is good to go.
I think if you get that uploaded everything will be good. I'm going to keep this page open and refresh it every so often so I will reply ASAP.

As a after thought are you using a generic template? What I do is create a ID I name "support" I then config my changes to it, then use it as my installer. As a side note i'm only using 1 type/style/version which is a free one I give out.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby RCTS » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:06 pm

We have a 'free' one that I create with an ID. We are preparing to roll out an all inclusive package including Many features. I need each dss install to have it's own Client ID for tracking and billing purposes. I notice that upload is blank as well, even though it goes thru the process and uploads fine without error once I have hit compile/upload.
RCTS

Postby RCTS » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:10 pm

I must make a correction- It compiles and creates an installer, there is no indication of upload. This why I am wondering if the dcloud may have something to do with it. We are in the process of switching d7 to d7ii (though that is a differnt topic)
We have always used our self hosted ftp, but we now have a dcloud login. Is this related?
RCTS

Postby xide » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:26 pm

dcloud is no longer related to dSS, it's all self hosted now. I've not made multiple versions of the installers...however it makes me wonder because each file name is usually "dsupport.exe" I wonder if it's getting confused with the same names. Personally what I would do (you may choose differently)
-create my installer
-upload manually to ftp (its own area)
-create an "app" that links to that file instead of using the built in feature of the dSS button (save that for the other version)

As for d7 vs d7ii I went back to d7 recently and it made me want to drive a knife through my temple because i'm so used to d7ii lol. Speaking of i'm actually writing up a couple of tutorials for d7ii, and a couple of my secret tricks I do with d7ii and my flash drives that you might be interested in. Because d7ii can be a bit overwhelming when coming from d7 because there are a lot of things different...and everything is a HUGE improvement. You can expect to see them in the next couple of days....I might get bored enough to make some videos also.
xide

Return to dSupportSuite Support