D7ii + Rogue Killer - How To: fully automate with premium

D7ii + Rogue Killer - How To: fully automate with premium

Postby xide » Sat May 30, 2015 2:54 am

Rogue Killer is a great anti-malware tool which is included as a d7 default app. However the free version doesn't have all the features the premium/tech version does. If you like making as many as apps as possible fully auto like I do then I suggest getting the premium version. It's $100.00US, but I believe its a 1 time fee as mine doesn't say an expiration date. When buying keep in mind ONLY the tech license is portable. http://www.adlice.com/softwares/rogueki ... r-premium/

Tigzy (creator) made a good little video tutorial showing how to generate the license and configure the settings. http://www.adlice.com/softwares/rogueki ... echnician/
I will briefly sum it up though during this how to. Watch his video for a more detailed explanation.

First I will assume you have already typed in your registration information to unlock premium (Click on ? at the top).

After that is done, click File in the top left...then settings. Select all the settings you want it to use, these settings effect what happens when Rogue Killer starts up.
Once you're satisfied with the settings then save.
rk-settings.PNG
Rogue Killer Settings
rk-settings.PNG (17.17 KiB) Viewed 4028 times

Next click on the ? in the top menu and select Register...
RK-generate.PNG
Generate Portable key
RK-generate.PNG (16.53 KiB) Viewed 4028 times

Save the license using any name, you don't need to type an extension, as you can see mine is simply "rk". Type the name and hit save.
Note my file path where I save it to, this is important for how I have things setup in this configuration. [Your d7ii root]\Config\Custom Apps\3rd Party Configs (this folder structure should already be in your d7ii folder)
save-license.PNG
Save license
save-license.PNG (26.92 KiB) Viewed 4028 times

ugh...3 image max...continued below....
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Re: Rogue Killer - How To: fully automate with premium

Postby xide » Sat May 30, 2015 3:22 am

Now the fun stuff, open d7ii and navigate to your custom version of the default Rogue Killer in the Your custom apps list, create a copy from the d7ii default apps list if you don't have one.
All the settings can remain the same as they are. We only need to change "pre-execute" and "execute" tabs.

select Pre-execute tab first..... Click the 2nd browse button (Import Config Before Execution)
Select browse, and by default the folder we saved the key file (rk) will be selected. Select your key file and click open.
pre-exec_open.PNG
Pre-execution open diag
pre-exec_open.PNG (29.9 KiB) Viewed 4025 times

Now your pre-execute tab should ONLY have the file name of your key, no checks or anything else.
pre-execute.PNG
pre-execute
pre-execute.PNG (11.18 KiB) Viewed 4025 times

Now move to the Execution Tab, which again stays mostly the same. The command line params to use is -portable-license rk rk is what I named my key, so change that to whatever you saved yours as
Then just check the boxes below as I have pictured.

execute.PNG
execute tab
execute.PNG (17.45 KiB) Viewed 4025 times

For the nerd facts as to what is happening is the pre-execution key file is being copied to the 3PT folder just before Rogue Killer is run. Keep in mind Rogue killer will only run in prem/tech mode when the param is used.
Therefore running it directly from the 3PT folder alone will cause it to show as unregistered, and also won't load your key file. You must open it via command line or just use d7ii since thats how we set it up.
The method to my madness is that when I sync my config/defs with dCloud to my flash drives, my RK key gets copied/updated so if I change things up the rest will get updated also because that config folder is sync'd with the others.

Another theory, that I haven't tested that *should* work is that you can create multiple keys such as a "full mode" or "registry only" etc. After that is done, create duplicate custom Rogue Killer entries, and just change the name of the entry such as "Rogue Killer - Reg Only Mode" with the command param changed to -portable-license reg_only (reg_only being the name you had named your reg only key file) and don't forget to change the pre-execute to that same key as well.

That way you could have multiple ways it runs which can be useful for different profiles such as quick, default, etc. Hope this helps, if I missed something or you have a question just ask.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Re: D7ii + Rogue Killer - How To: fully automate with premiu

Postby orinoco » Sat May 30, 2015 10:01 am

Thanks implemented
orinoco

Postby Xander » Sat May 30, 2015 1:02 pm

I've had mine set up to run the Updater.exe file that's in the premium installation folder. It auto-updates RK and then launches. I wrote to them yesterday about how it doesn't pass on cmd line parameters and they liked the idea.
Also asked about using a default filename for the license so it wouldn't have to be entered in the parameters:

"Actually the old rk_config has been replaced by the command line parameter in 10.7,0.
However, some people told us there would have a problem because of random drive letters. So in next version, 10.8.0, it will be supported back. If you want until Monday...

We'll think about an autoupdate setting, this is a good idea. "

So, saving your license as rk_config.ini will probably supercede the need to user the -portable-license parameter.
Xander

Postby xide » Sat May 30, 2015 6:53 pm

I was up til 5am high on caffeine writing that and xander makes it obsolete in a 2min email. :twisted:

I actually liked the new version with the settings and all in the file menu, instead of a bunch of commands, however I just used the -hide on mine. Odd in comparison to the old simple config file, but I feel I get more control of the scans this way, so if I can save the settings without multiple command params then that will be good.......however I'm still going to hold a grudge against you :lol:

I haven't tried yet (was planned for this weekend) but do you know if there is a similar setting with the cmd version, possibly using the same file?
xide

Postby SE5FBO8ArZ » Sat May 30, 2015 7:55 pm

I realize that I'm probably a bit older than most of you, resulting in both diminished mental capacity AND eyesight, but honestly...I cannot find Rogue Killer in d7ii. What am I missing? :?
SE5FBO8ArZ

Postby xide » Sun May 31, 2015 3:39 am

SE5FBO8ArZ wrote:I realize that I'm probably a bit older than most of you, resulting in both diminished mental capacity AND eyesight, but honestly...I cannot find Rogue Killer in d7ii. What am I missing? :?

I'm 35 and can only see out of one eye mainly....and I think my avatar speaks for my mental state :lol:

At the top left corner click file, then select config. Click on the custom apps tab, and at the top make sure the radio button next to "Default Apps" is selected. The list is in alphabetical order for ease of use, or you can you the search box that is located at the top of that list. Things can be easily missed when d7ii has so many goodies! That's why I must be switching things up monthly to try different combinations and methods....then again what else can I do when I suffer from insomnia. Tonight I did a couple of clever things that may not seem ethical to some, but will be helpful considering the type of clients I have. However I won't post them publicly for that reason. D7ii is pretty much limitless, I keep finding new things I can do with it, and ways I can manipulate it in some cases when it doesn't have a feature I think would benefit me (usually not many people else) so not worth suggesting. Luckily Nick has designed it so can pretty much do anything your heart desires mine are usually done with scripts and/or command params and I change how things are handled. keep in mind some of the default apps have multiple command params, so you can create a copy to User created apps and make the changes you need.......and here I go rambling on......I'm just bored...... :roll:

Here is a picture showing where rogue killer is, keep in mind this is the free version, only real difference is you have to run it manually. Tigzy (creator) has some other cool apps (free) on his website, I used to use the Rogue Killer CMD version, it's rather nice and I was able to start it auto matically, just had to type "remove" at the end depending on what it found. http://www.adlice.com/softwares/ just add any of these to your "User created apps" which is just below the Default Apps button. ;)

rogue_killer_locate.PNG
Where's Waldo?
rogue_killer_locate.PNG (14.26 KiB) Viewed 3977 times

I'm really not trying to be a prick with my post and/or image....I just get too detailed when I explain things sometimes, usually when i'm bored and when I understand people get frustrated when they can't find or do things.
I hope I didn't offend with my post, it was not my intent.
xide

Return to d7II Support Forum